- Gets out of bed with all the fanfare and volume of the freaking Boston Pops -- provided that they make music with groans, creaks, burps, shuffles and cracking knuckles. Charming. And, shut up.
- Ventures out to pick up the newspaper. Gets locked out. Kate and children STILL sleeping. Neighbors spy him peering in windows into his own home. Fantastic. They think I married my own stalker.
- Our dog, who now eerily resembles the slinky-dog from Toy Story, has to be hauled up and down the stairs because he's 927 years and "walks" like a stroke victim. McLovin finds himself staring at dog through locked glass door. Kate wishes she has a photo.
- Lefty lets him in. Says: "Were you bad? Did Mommy lock you out?"
- First thing Kate hears at breakfast: "You know, canine opposible thumbs would have been a useful evolutionary metamorphisis." Kate threatens to go back to bed unless he shuts up.
Goes downstairs to shower and get dressed just as the chilren get up for breakfast. After 45 minutes, Kate finds him unshowered and still in pajamas "working on the computer" i.e. goofing off on Facebook.
Agrees to change clothes at the last minute to amuse Happy, who wanted to wear a suit to church and wanted Daddy to as well. He looked like an idiot, but Happy was, well, happy. Didn't stop people from staring at church.
The prototypical "Church Lady" scolds our children for running in the hallway AFTER church is over. In his most Christian, we're-still-in-the-building-let's-be-kind-and-patient-and-all-that, he tells her to go suck an egg. Literally. Go. Suck. An. Egg. His justification? She has hair that reminds him of his mother-in-law and she's in mom pants. I deem that to be a reasonable excuse.
Calls Lydia "Mrs. Coupon" in a crowd of people. She responds by calling him "McLovin" -- he smiles, says "yes ma'am. I am McLovin" then swigs some coffee. To which Happy and Lefty start chanting "McLovin! McLovin!" in the narthex. I'm going to have to changes churches.
Declines to play catcher position during indoor game of baseball, because "I had Mexican food for dinner. Things could get dangerous." Then engages boys in contest of who can clear the room first. To be specific, the game is called "Is There a Bear in Here?" I still can't go into the playroom.
Admits, via Facebook, that he put a pair of my Jimmy Choos in the refrigerator with last night's leftovers. My. Shoes. Spent. The. Night. In. The. Refrigerator. Kate is not amused. McLovin is still laughing. McLovin is sleeping on the couch.
Time for bed. Cue the Boston Pops.
ShareSubscribe in a reader
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2010