Sunday, May 9, 2010
Happy Mother's Day from Aunt Mary
When I was walking the dogs this morning I had a list in my head of all sorts of wonderful things I would share. Well that was then and this is now and I can't remember any of them.
Ooops… Here they are.
1. Find a church with lots of old people and no kids. Take your children there. One of two things will happen. Either you will be asked not to come back OR they will be so thrilled to see little people they will ignore everything wrong the kids do. Quaker meetings are also good for this.
2. Make sure you get yourself to the dentist at least once a year.
3. Go for your physical. In fact, ask Dad to make the appointment for you.
4. Don't beat yourselves up about things. What is done today is over. There will be fresh poop in the potty tomorrow.
5. Laugh. Take pictures.
6. Keep in touch with friends, both the mommy friends and the rest of your network.
7. Buy your own presents and don't resent the fact that you do. Ask your husband for a love letter now and then.
8. Be thankful. If all you have to face in life is what Kate and Lydia have covered so far, you are leading fairytale lives.
This last may be the most important and I don't mean anything critical by using the word Fairytale. My youngest son needed open heart surgery at age 7, and survived. Other parents lose children, through crime and accident and disease. We are lucky that our babies grow up and get on with their own lives.
So have a happy Mother's day and enjoy the attention. I am proud of you all and send you hugs and kisses.
PS: If you’re wondering who in the blue blazes Aunt Mary is – click here.
Subscribe in a reader
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2010
(Originally published 2/1/2/13) Last night I went to Target and I got distracted by the card section. I decided to buy my beloved Cap&...
Last Friday, roughly 25% of the second grade at my kids' school was sent home with a nasty stomach bug that had kids puking in buckets...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
Whole30 Day 0: Later this week, I'm starting a diet/nutrition/sadness program called Whole30 . Where you eat nothing but strict Pa...
So last summer, my youngest daughter (age 5) began seeing previews for a new Dora show called Dora and Friends: Into the City! Gone was th...
When I got the email with this guest post in it, I was very happy because I know a bunch of moms with ADD or ADHD - and you know what? ...
We’ve had a lot of people ask us to write a post about the seemingly innocent topic of the Mother-in-Law. Seriously, people? Are you kidding...
Please note: If you ever run into me, there is a 90% chance it will be at Target & that I will be wearing jeans and a black shirt to ...
We know a couple of families who are going through divorces right now. No matter how well it's handled, it's hard on everyone. S...
Happy once made a drawing for me that looked eerily like a part of his anatomy. Being that he was only four, I said, "oh, I love it bab...