Is anyone else in the RfM community unemployed (not by choice) or underemployed? I am, and in an effort to “find the funny” I thought I would share my morning routine to rectify the job situation.
At one interview they stated I was a top candidate, called to verify that I was willing to work for the salary offered (as it was a paycut), and then hired someone else. Whuck? It's like dating in high school, fraught with embarassment and rejection. The panel said "We felt that you may have been overqualified and the position may not have been challenging enough." Hmm, because my current days filled with being broke, carpooling, grocery shopping and cleaning up other people's body fluids are sooo fascinating. And my MBA is being well utilized calculating the costs of summer camps.
Second Stop- CraigsList. I've been reading it daily this calendar year and have compiled a list of jobs I will NOT be applying for:
- Cereal Bowl Team - a restaurant catering to the cereal eaters of the world, brilliant, but not so much that I would commute to DC.
- Female Actor to Test Male Integrity - hmm, I suspect my husband would not support this job change...
- Party Staff for Shot Sales, Liquid AND Jell-O - this ad wanted GIRLS, and - at age 41 - I suspect I need not bother applying.
- Bad A** Pie Posse :P (poster's asterisks, not mine) - I had to ask what the emoticon at the end meant, so I guess I am not posse worthy. (Editor's Note: Mmmmm... pie.)
- Beer Pong Marketing Rep - I don't like beer and I haven't seen a T-Box rep advertisement to date
- Hand Worker - actually this ad was for stuffing envelopes. They need to rethink their marketing.
- Mobile DC Dessert Truck Sales - I wish I lived in DC...all my 'hood has is the creepy ice cream truck
- Overnight Hotel Hallway Monitor - for the busloads of HS kids on DC field trips...you could NOT pay me enough to apply for this position
- Kickball Rep - too funny. Also, awesome.
- Judge Mathis Case Researcher - unique, but the courthouse was in Baltimore
- Cupcake Boutique Sales - so I can have cupcake ass to go with the muffin top - no thanks.
- Need a femail (poster's typo, not mine) 2x per week at my house for different duties - creepy much, anyone?
- 2 morning a week, introduce our delightful daughter (2 yrs old) to the world of art through the museums in DC - if I'm hauling children to DC to see art - those will be MY delightful IHP's
- 28 year old man child seeking assistant - once you read all the tasks he wants accomplished, what he really needed was a wife
- Help us take care of our Old Man and some errands - this post led me to shout at the children that if they ever put me on CraigsList in my dotage I was... and then the threat stopped because I was unable to think of something vile enough. Suggestions?
Until tomorrow morning. Until then, I'll be in the backyard building my trebuchet. If all else fails, I can sell it on CraigsList. The Bad A** Pie Posse will totally love it.
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2010