Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Top Ten Calls You Don't Want to Get from School
10. It rhymes with "rice" and is generally followed by a long string of expletives. And scratching.
9. "Mrs. Coupon, your son got on the wrong bus this afternoon. No, he did it on purpose. He said something about the Green Bus being better for Jedi Masters..."
8. "We're not exactly sure what it is, but we think your pediatrician should take a look. Also, the CDC."
7. "Hello Kate. Ummm, did you forget one of your children after school today?"
5. "Hawk was sharing his Summer Vacation stories...and, he seems to insist that he played with a cow's boobs? And that you took pictures. We were just hoping for a little clarification..."
4. "We're sorry but there's poop everywhere. You're going to have come pick him up."
2. "Hello Kate. Lefty is still here. You did say you were coming to get him, right?"
1. "We really try to discourage the use of words like 'douche-bag' in the kindergarten classroom."
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2010
Like every other family in the world, my kids are obsessed with Frozen. We downloaded the soundtrack right after Christmas and have enjoye...
This was originally published in May 2010: In the past 24 hours, I have gotten three phone calls from friends of mine and they all starte...
I recently noticed that we have this weird dichotomy in our house. We have way too much of some stuff and never enough of other stuff (usua...
Last year, we made a series of Valentines for the Real World . They were all for husbands because the cards I saw at Target were both stupid...
You may be asking yourself: "Why did this idiot write a blog post about summer camp right now? It's February. I'm still sec...
This conversation isn't actually horrifying. It's just typical of the randomness of living with a preschooler.
It's winter and its freezing and it's always dark and everyone is sort of sick. So at my house, it is the season of watching too muc...
I'm sure you're wondering why these precious and adorable young men are the mastheads of today's post. It's because I did...
I'm not Catholic, even though in the late 90's I worked for nuns and they told me they thought I should be. I think they have to s...
I sometimes think I'm the only one who wonders about bizarro things like if the Blue Wiggle is hot in real life* or what the hell happen...