I hope I didn't scare you all too much with today's post. As much I am sure that I will become the cat lady from the Simpsons eventually, I am not a crazy cat lady yet. I will begin to acquire cats, plaid lap blankets and clanking bottles of scotch in my early sixties, as God intended.
So I thought I would share with you a few reasons why today does not suck.
- I spent 20 minutes sitting in the big chair with Mini-mini-me snuggling and hugging my head and hearing her say"happyhappyhappy".
- I got on the scale today and I lost 1.9 pounds this week, bringing it to a total of 8 pounds lost since my return from Amish Paradise.
- I went on a long walk with my friend and neighbor Mimi and we talked about her and not me and that means I'm less of a selfish a-hole than I thought.
- Tonight is Friday and I will be having cocktails with the Cap'n.
- I spoke to my d-bag neighbor today and I think he actually understood me when I said he should stop setting off fireworks at 3am. It was like those nature shows when scientists make contact with Silverbacks in the wild and teach them sign language.
- Someone sent me this picture of the crazy cat lady and Eddie Van Halen. Oh dear.
- I got some amazing comments and emails today from other mommies and it made me feel so awesome and not like a lumpy furckwad. Thank you so very, very much.
ps: I thought you might enjoy the following song that Kate and I go tappatappatappa to at our weekly tap class. Enjoy the thought of us shaking our funky stuff in tap shoes to this magnificent song.
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2010