She's also pretty sure Florida isn't going to let her come back...
- Happy made friends with a heron or egret or possible dinosaur that wasn't sure it was supposed to be extinct because that thing was like Lurch -- even though Happy christened him "Goose" -- and it sorta lurked and stared and in general made us all creep out a little when it landed on the deck. It probably didn't help that we fed it. Mostly because while it's one thing to eat raw, or even cooked, shrimp, we entered a whole other cannibalistic realm when it started eating it's own genus or species or whatever in the form of cooked turkey. We're pretty sure he liked the lemony-ness. Mmmm, Cascade...
- Restaurant Waitress: "For dessert, we have New York style cheesecake, from New York City. And, fresh made Key Lime Pie, from -- from Key, Florida."
- The pool was heated. Like, bathwater heated. Which made it a little more like a slow simmer, and a little less like a refreshing reprieve from the sun. Happy was paddling around when McLovin jumped in, surfaced and looked at us. "Oh, it's warm. [to Happy] Dude, did you pee in the pool?" Happy looked at him flatly, as if McLovin had asked him the most moronic question in the world, and said, "Uh, yeah."
- Overheard at the next table: Guy, to friends: "OK, who's birthday is it tonight?" Friend: "Jeff's." Jeff: "Wait. Wasn't it mine the last time we were here? Don't you think they'll remember?" Girl: "Is it really worth it for a free piece of cheesecake?" [They all look at her, incredulous] Friend: "It. Has. Candles."
- The sheets were so thin they were see through. But, just to keep things interesting, the towels were made of AstroTurf.
- McLovin, to everyone: "I couldn't sleep." GrandMere: "How come?" McLovin: "Well, I was trying to adjust the sleep number on the mattress to My Number, but the dial was stuck on 'Prison'. Good thing is, whenever I get arrested, this will count as time served."
- The washing machine, not to be outdone by the dishwasher's culinary skills, growled, moved and - we're pretty sure - ate - at least one article of clothing in every load. Was I willing to fish around looking for a lost t-shirt? Umm, no thank you.
- GrandMere: "Oh, you know what would make this picture even better? Vampire fangs."
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2010