I wuv you, you evil, fire-breathing hooker. Thanks for everything.
Guess what else I’m all warm and fuzzy over? The Rants from Mommyland team on SparkPeople. We have almost 220 members and I am so into it. Sparkpeople has tons of resources including apps for phones, on-line trackers for food and working out (both of which I really like) and also on-line fitness videos (which I've never used). I'm not trying to endorse SparkPeople or say it's better than anything else out there but it is good stuff and it's free. I love that for two reasons:
- We call my husband Cap'n Coupon for a reason.
- I wanted to do something with all of you this year and there was no way I was going to ask people to pay to be a part of something like that. Mommyland is free, y'all.
Real name: Jessica
SparkPeople user name: YcaMommy
Mommyland job title: Headmistress of Deprivation
Factoid: Used the phrase “sucks flaming hot monkey balls” in the email where we first met. Insert heart emoticon here. Also, really understands how SparkPeople works.
Real name: Courtney
SparkPeople user name: GCB1605
Mommyland job title: Minister of Ass ReductionFactoid: She’s my hero as she has already lost over 50 pounds. Let us pause for a moment of genuflection. She is obviously awesome at goal setting and encouraging her team-mates.
Just to give you a sense of what we're all about, here they are our team goals for this week:
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Check in on the message boards once a day for encouragement and support
- Keep track of what you eat