- Start by taking about 5 minutes to open a free membership on SparkPeople. Then join the MommyLand Team.
- Scroll down the team page till you see the message boards, the Challenges Forum is the third listed and will have lots of updates and info for you.
- You will start by choosing one of six teams that you's like to join. Four teams focus on a specific element of a healthier lifestyle, and two combine some of those teams for a more difficult level of challenge. (teams are listed below)
- You join your Challenge Team by sending a spark-mail to your team leader with your actual real email address. I can’t tell you why now, because I have to keep back a few surprises. Just know that it will be fun and not intrusive or spammy in any way.
- The challenge lasts 100 days. Day 1 is Monday, March 14 and lasts until the summer equinox on Tuesday, June 21. This is about 15 weeks.
- You must be signed up to your team leader by midnight on Monday, or you will have to wait to sign up. We will have three legs of the race, each one lasting five weeks. New team members can join as a new leg begins.
- Your team leader will present you with five challenges every week. Depending on your team, sometimes they will change, and sometimes they won’t. For example, there are a lot more cardio exercises that can be done than there are challenges for the nutrition team. The exercises will rotate thru according to what each individual leader has planned for you. (Wow, that sounded sinister!)
- Each one of the team challenges is worth 1 point. You can earn a maximum of 5 points per week (for those of you on multiple teams, you can earn 5 points per week per team). This can earn you a maximum of 95 points. The last week, we will have a 5-point bonus just to make it an even 100 points.
- The weeks will run from Monday thru Sunday. You will be tracking your own points during the week, and then send them to your team leader by Sunday evening. If you are on multiple teams, you must turn in your points to the individual core teams, as well as the multiple team- team leader. (I don’t think they would mind if you sent it all in one email as long as you label everything appropriately – we really do want this to be as simple as possible.)
- There will be an award system – but that is currently top secret. I know, more secrets. I’m awesome like that. And also, bragging rights.
- Team leaders will post the challenges for the upcoming week during the weekend so that you will have them ready to start on Monday morning. Again, be prepared for some variances. The leaders will explain each of the challenges thoroughly and will be available to answer any questions you might have about the challenges. You will have a thread available for your discussions and questions.
Here are the challenge teams:
- Cardio Team, led by CrazyRiki. Because she’s totally Crazy like that! Your challenges are all going to be heart-pumping motivators to get you up and moving. You will be walking, running, jumping around like a maniac!
- Strength Team, led by KateInMichigan (aka Half-@$$ed Strength Ninja – oh yeah!). I could tell you what she has in store, but honestly? It scared me to read it. And my computer is young. I want to protect it. Expect five difficult muscle-building challenges every week. You will never call your husband to open a jar again.
- Nutrition Team, led by DTWAMF1 – the letters are there totally to confuse you. They did me. We all know that it doesn’t matter what we do with our bodies if the fuel we’re giving them is low-grade. Give your body the right nutrition to find more energy, so that you can do everything else.
- Emotional Well-being Team, led by DanaNotDayna. Y’all. She is going to help you “exercise” your inner demons. Destroy the scaredy cat inside. Wipe out the cobwebs. She is going to give you the weapons you need to hunt down the skinny snitch that lives inside you and force her out into the open.
- Champions Team, led by PirateGirlMel. If one team just isn’t enough, the Pirate will help you navigate rougher waters. It doesn’t matter which two you pick, she’ll be there to give you the encouragement and support you need.
- Warrior Team, led by DugieStoner. This woman has completely lost it. And she’s going to lose more! And you will, too! This challenge is not for the faint of heart. You will combine all four teams in order to find the perfect balance of mind, body and spirit. And totally lose yourself! (Really – but in a good way!!)
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2011