Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
Last week, Mini did what she always does. She waits until the worst possible moment in the middle of the night and then she crawls into o...
At the end of every sports season, there is usually some sort of party where the coach talks about each of the players and sometimes, give...
It's POOL WEEK here at Rants from Mommyland, as well as being the last week of swim team. In honor of that, I decided to type up 10 w...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
If you would like to see the cutest, funniest thing on the internet right now - here it is. It's this sweet little girl losing her mi...
It's POOL WEEK here at Rants from Mommyland, as well as being the last week of swim team. In honor of this, here is a pool-themed gue...
We spend a lot of time at the pool. I'm starting to think there are mathematical rules and theorems that govern our experience there. ...
Captain America was cute but shorter than I expected. Last week, my 9 year old and I got to see the new Marvel Universe Live show. Tec...
I have three kids and they all swim on a swim team every summer. I decided to capture my experience at a morning swim meet, for those ...
It's winter and its freezing and it's always dark and everyone is sort of sick. So at my house, it is the season of watching too muc...