Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
Last week, my Daisy girl scout troop participated in an event called “Cupcake Wars”. I should have known, given the name, that something...
So last summer, my youngest daughter (age 5) began seeing previews for a new Dora show called Dora and Friends: Into the City! Gone was th...
So this week is horrible. Last week was also bad. My grandmother holds a very special place in my life and she seems to have taken a permane...
Last week I wrote about my grandmother's health crisis. It's been a challenge to process everything when absolutely nothing is certa...
I wrote this exactly one year ago today. Still true. ----------------------------------------------------- Mother’s Day is always a d...
A couple of weeks ago, I asked for your advice on a couple of issues related to teens and drinking . Here's what I asked: (1) Do you m...
Please note that this meme has nothing to do with wine. Check out this pinterest board for more funnies. This year, I’m working with re...
Today is the Mother's Day party that we throw every year. I am so excited and also exhausted and those things together make me really...
Photo credit: iStock A couple of weeks I ago I wrote a post about trying to manage my stress , including talking to my kids about how w...