Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
I have three kids and they all swim on a swim team every summer. I decided to capture my experience at a morning swim meet, for those ...
Last week, Mini did what she always does. She waits until the worst possible moment in the middle of the night and then she crawls into o...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
Things are crazy around here right now . So you can understand why now would be a bad time to have the PMS. That having the PMS at this stre...
I'm losing it. Mini is fighting something off and hasn't slept well in a few days, which means that I haven't slept well in a fe...
It's POOL WEEK here at Rants from Mommyland, as well as being the last week of swim team. In honor of this, here is a pool-themed gue...
At the end of every sports season, there is usually some sort of party where the coach talks about each of the players and sometimes, give...
Captain America was cute but shorter than I expected. Last week, my 9 year old and I got to see the new Marvel Universe Live show. Tec...
Like every other family in the world, my kids are obsessed with Frozen. We downloaded the soundtrack right after Christmas and have enjoye...
It's winter and its freezing and it's always dark and everyone is sort of sick. So at my house, it is the season of watching too muc...