Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
Welcome to this installment of Horrifying Conversations with Mini, where I'm about to share possibly the most horrifying thing she'...
Photo by: Photostock My husband asked me a very reasonable question while we were getting ready to leave on our summer vacation last wee...
This post is several years old but in honor of the author's birthday, I am re-posting it today. God bless you, sir. You are a fine ...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
Sunsets on Lake Michigan. They're awesome. The internet has been a sad and shitty place for the past couple of days. Perhaps becaus...
Here's the thing. Half the time I think there's something wrong with my family. My kids fight with each other always. Lately, t...
I took some time off this month to catch up on end of the school year stuff, finish deadlines, and unplug with my family. Thanks to the Ca...
I sometimes think I'm the only one who wonders about bizarro things like if the Blue Wiggle is hot in real life* or what the hell happen...
Dear God, I have three kids and today they all went to school, the smallest one for the very first time. You already know that, thoug...
It's winter and its freezing and it's always dark and everyone is sort of sick. So at my house, it is the season of watching too muc...