Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
Not today, Wegmans. Because today you are Thunderdome. A lady named Paula Raymond-Trafton (who lives in my town but I've haven'...
So yesterday I wrote a post about how kids are totally weird and absurd and they make no sense . Then my 10 year old read the post and was...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
Diabetes is a big freaking deal and this month is Diabetes Awareness Month. While I'm only marginally informed on the medical in's...
I asked my daughter Mini (age 4) to draw me a picture. I asked her to close her eyes and think about what it felt like to be part of our fam...
Sometimes something happens that seems like its not a big deal, but then it is. You find yourself crying in a high school parking lot behin...
Holy ranchballs next week is Thanksgiving and Chanukah. That means it's time to start dealing with the freaking holidays. And that doe...
The title of this post should actually be: " How to Pay off a Stranger's Lay Away?" because I have no idea how to do it. Sinc...
I have to kick this post off by saying that you all are funny . Seriously. After we publish a post we often text back and forth with our f...
Lately, I've been noticing that a large part of parenting is dealing with my kids just being… ABSURD. And there is a certain degree of...