Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
I have a real problem on my hands. My daughter Mini just started Kindergarten and I have a ton of paperwork to fill out for the school. On...
Dear God, I have three kids and today they all went to school, the smallest one for the very first time. You already know that, thoug...
I was taking a late summer swim with Mini recently, when she said something horrifying. I was trying to encourage her to work on her back...
This was originally published 2 years ago, but I'm sharing it again because I figure it never hurts to get schooled by someone drop...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
Remember a long time ago when Kate and I went to Chicago and did that thing with Second City? Well I forced coerced kindly asked those ...
NOTE: This post is sponsored by Up and Away , an educational program to remind families of the importance of safe medicine storage, in...
Last week, Mini (my 4 year old) drew this picture. It's apparently a picture of me and her dad at our wedding 16 years ago and we're...
This post is several years old but in honor of the author's birthday, I am re-posting it today. God bless you, sir. You are a fine ...
Welcome to this installment of Horrifying Conversations with Mini, where I'm about to share possibly the most horrifying thing she'...