Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
Like every other family in the world, my kids are obsessed with Frozen. We downloaded the soundtrack right after Christmas and have enjoye...
This was originally published in May 2010: In the past 24 hours, I have gotten three phone calls from friends of mine and they all starte...
I recently noticed that we have this weird dichotomy in our house. We have way too much of some stuff and never enough of other stuff (usua...
Last year, we made a series of Valentines for the Real World . They were all for husbands because the cards I saw at Target were both stupid...
You may be asking yourself: "Why did this idiot write a blog post about summer camp right now? It's February. I'm still sec...
This conversation isn't actually horrifying. It's just typical of the randomness of living with a preschooler.
It's winter and its freezing and it's always dark and everyone is sort of sick. So at my house, it is the season of watching too muc...
I'm sure you're wondering why these precious and adorable young men are the mastheads of today's post. It's because I did...
I'm not Catholic, even though in the late 90's I worked for nuns and they told me they thought I should be. I think they have to s...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...