Sunday, November 13, 2011
Top Ten Reasons Why 3 is Worse Than 2
But this is the interwebs and I can't see you. So I'm going to tell you the truth. Three is a lot worse than two and here's why:
1. Three is two with intent.
2. The good news is, they can speak. Oh wait did I say good news? Guess who can parrot an overheard curse word perfectly? Except now they can do it understanding the importance of timing.
3. They’re mostly potty trained. Of course that also means that when they crap on the floor, it's even more disgusting and they’ve probably done it on purpose.
4. Their lungs are bigger. Therefore, the tantrums are louder – especially in public. They also are perfectly aware of what annoys and humiliates you. They know... Oh, they know.
8. They're independent and doing more things for themselves, which means that doing anything now takes approximately forever.
9. They're smart. So you can no longer trick them into eating healthy things or playing quietly while you try to gather your shattered nerves. Also, they’re self-aware enough to weigh the consequences and take what’s coming to them. Flooding the bathroom floor is totally worth ten minutes in time out.
10. Are you ready to leave your house? Well, your toddler isn't. Are you ready to walk down the street? Your toddler isn't. Is it time for you to leave the playground? Well, your toddler really, really isn't. And that's why we call it turtle herding.
I speak the truth, hookers. I'm really sorry. And you're welcome.
But at least now you're prepared. Maybe.
I was recently informed that people really enjoy reading about all the ways I make an ass of myself in public. Here's the good news: exa...
Last year I posted a graphic about how I believe that Mother's Day gifts are largely misunderstood. I decided to update it and share i...
Guru Louise and I asked you earlier this week about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers...
This post is part of the series introducing you to my co-authors of the best-selling book "I Just Want to Pee Alone". Rebecca...
Today's post comes to you from our pal Dani at Martinis and Minivans. It's certainly a topic I can relate to. Although our dearly...
This post is part of the series introducing you to my co-authors of the best-selling book "I Just Want to Pee Alone". This ...
Mini says things that are horrifying. She always has. She is one part sweet, adorable cupcake and one part iron-willed anarchist. Now that...
When I got this post, I was like YES! Fist pump! We need to share this. And you guys, the very the last bit of wisdom at the end made me ...
Today's post comes from reader Elizabeth Renker, who is a mediocre mom to three girls who will change the world someday, if they don...
Last year, we decided to rethink Mother's Day. We ended up doing some pretty amazing stuff . This year, we hope you'll give it up...