Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Top 10 Things You Don't Want to Hear During A Conference Call from Home
Automated Machine: This is Verizon, returning your call. Your estimated wait time to speak to a customer service representative is ... 39 minutes. Would you like to hold? If so, please say yes.
Kid #1: HE PUT BOOGERS ON ME!
Automated Machine: I did not understand your response. At the tone, please say yes or no.
Kid #1: MOM! BOOGERS! GAHHH!
Automated Machine: Thank you. Your account has been cancelled. Good bye.
Here are the top 10 things you don't want to hear while attempting to have an important, adult-type conversation from home.
10. "MOMMMY! Wipe! My! Bottom!"
9. "Be'scuse me. Dora is over."
8. The sound of water running somewhere in the house. Water you did not turn on.
7. [Over the baby monitor] "I not asweep! LA LA LA! Not sweeping ever ever EVER!"
6. A door opening. Doesn't matter what door. Front door? BAD. Fridge door? BAD. Back door? BAD. Garage door? Very Bad. Pantry door? Not good.
5. "Bad dog! Let me ride you!"
4. [Click. Other phone in house gets picked up] Mommy? Are you still on da phone wif dat mean lady you don't like from your work?
3. SMASH. Thump thump thump. Pause. Crying.
2. "Uh oh. I think I broke da potty."
1. Wait. What is that? Oh no. It's the ... Ominous Silence.
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2012
I was recently informed that people really enjoy reading about all the ways I make an ass of myself in public. Here's the good news: exa...
Last year I posted a graphic about how I believe that Mother's Day gifts are largely misunderstood. I decided to update it and share i...
Guru Louise and I asked you earlier this week about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers...
This post is part of the series introducing you to my co-authors of the best-selling book "I Just Want to Pee Alone". Rebecca...
Today's post comes to you from our pal Dani at Martinis and Minivans. It's certainly a topic I can relate to. Although our dearly...
Mini says things that are horrifying. She always has. She is one part sweet, adorable cupcake and one part iron-willed anarchist. Now that...
This post is part of the series introducing you to my co-authors of the best-selling book "I Just Want to Pee Alone". This ...
When I got this post, I was like YES! Fist pump! We need to share this. And you guys, the very the last bit of wisdom at the end made me ...
Today's post comes from reader Elizabeth Renker, who is a mediocre mom to three girls who will change the world someday, if they don...
Last year, we decided to rethink Mother's Day. We ended up doing some pretty amazing stuff . This year, we hope you'll give it up...