Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Top 10 Things You Don't Want to Hear During A Conference Call from Home
Automated Machine: This is Verizon, returning your call. Your estimated wait time to speak to a customer service representative is ... 39 minutes. Would you like to hold? If so, please say yes.
Kid #1: HE PUT BOOGERS ON ME!
Automated Machine: I did not understand your response. At the tone, please say yes or no.
Kid #1: MOM! BOOGERS! GAHHH!
Automated Machine: Thank you. Your account has been cancelled. Good bye.
Here are the top 10 things you don't want to hear while attempting to have an important, adult-type conversation from home.
10. "MOMMMY! Wipe! My! Bottom!"
9. "Be'scuse me. Dora is over."
8. The sound of water running somewhere in the house. Water you did not turn on.
7. [Over the baby monitor] "I not asweep! LA LA LA! Not sweeping ever ever EVER!"
6. A door opening. Doesn't matter what door. Front door? BAD. Fridge door? BAD. Back door? BAD. Garage door? Very Bad. Pantry door? Not good.
5. "Bad dog! Let me ride you!"
4. [Click. Other phone in house gets picked up] Mommy? Are you still on da phone wif dat mean lady you don't like from your work?
3. SMASH. Thump thump thump. Pause. Crying.
2. "Uh oh. I think I broke da potty."
1. Wait. What is that? Oh no. It's the ... Ominous Silence.
(c)Herding Turtles, Inc. 2009 - 2012
Not today, Wegmans. Because today you are Thunderdome. A lady named Paula Raymond-Trafton (who lives in my town but I've haven'...
Guru Louise and I asked you about what most teachers really want for end of the year gifts. We got hundreds of answers on Facebook , Tw...
One of the reasons I love working with R esponsibility.org is that they give me the coolest writing prompts. They know that I love Harr...
When I got the email with this guest post in it, I was very happy because I know a bunch of moms with ADD or ADHD - and you know what? ...
So last summer, my youngest daughter (age 5) began seeing previews for a new Dora show called Dora and Friends: Into the City! Gone was th...
I sometimes think I'm the only one who wonders about bizarro things like if the Blue Wiggle is hot in real life* or what the hell happen...
We’ve had a lot of people ask us to write a post about the seemingly innocent topic of the Mother-in-Law. Seriously, people? Are you kidding...
Last Friday, roughly 25% of the second grade at my kids' school was sent home with a nasty stomach bug that had kids puking in buckets...
The title of this post should actually be: " How to Pay off a Stranger's Lay Away?" because I have no idea how to do it. Sinc...
A couple of weeks ago, we asked you for your thoughts on ways that kids can help in their communities. Why? Because we want to raise li...