It's POOL WEEK here at Rants from Mommyland, as well as being the last week of swim team. In honor of that, I decided to type up 10 ways I know I'm a swim parent. Ready? Here we go!
1. "Eat my bubbles" is written on the back of my van in window paint. I don't even really know what that means, but let's be honest - it sounds really unsanitary.
2. Setting that alarm clock for early morning practice just got easier and easier all season. BWAAA HAAA HAAA!! (wipes tear) That was a good one.
3. I deal with towels. Like it's my job. In varying degrees of dampness. Always.
4. Driving home from practice, I find myself saying (at least three times a week): "No, you may not have Chipoltle. Because. BECAUSE. Because it's ten in the morning and they don't open until eleven. GAH!"
5. You know what's not weird at all? 6 hours of swim meet for maybe 3 minutes of my kids actually swimming.
6. Am I at the pool every day? Oh yes. So maybe you think I get to swim all the time? Not really. The last time I was consistently in the water was in 2003.
7. Here's a little thunderstorm math: a 50% chance of thunderstorms = 0% chance of the meet getting preemptively cancelled times a 100% chance that I'll be sitting in the parking lot for two hours waiting to see what the officials decide to do.
|We shall call this the "Please just cancel the meet" selfie.|
It's one of a series because there were thunderstorms EVERY TIME.
9. Before the last meet, I got $40 out of the ATM, thinking there's NO WAY my kids can eat that much junk food at the snack bar. Silly rabbit, they can eat all junk food.
10. By the end of the swim season I am so ready for it to be over. But I also can't wait for next year.
|This was what the pool looked like for the last 20 minutes of our last meet of the season. |
And just like that I'm game for another summer.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest. Better yet - subscribe! Mostly because Facebook is now so dumb that our updates don't even show up in Lydia's feed anymore.